Click for more information...
Witt/Kieffer is excited to partner with Washington Health System (WHS), located in Washington, PA in their identification of a seasoned and highly accomplished financial leader to serve as Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will provide financial leadership and direction to the organization and be a strategic financial partner to the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
Employing more than 2,000 highly trained medical professionals, Washington Health System is a not-for-profit community health system, located in the outlying suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA. WHS consists of two hospitals, the flagship facility, named Washington Hospital, a 260 licensed bed hospital with a 16 bassinet nursery, located in the city of Washington, PA, as well as WHS Greene, a 49-bed community centered hospital, located in Waynesburg PA. WHS’s integrated delivery system of care also consists of diagnostic centers, outpatient care facilities and other healthcare services provided at more than 40 off-site locations throughout the surrounding counties. WHS’s medical staff includes more than 350 primary care and specialty physicians, including graduates of the WHS Family Medicine Residency Program. Additionally, WHS also has an accredited School of Nursing and School of Radiologic Technology.
WHS’s mission is to provide its community with an integrated healthcare system centered around patients and families that is comprised of leading medical experts, advanced technology and innovative procedures. The organization focuses on streamlined processes set to improve patient care communication and coordination between the hospital, physicians, programs, services and practices in order to obtain better patient outcomes while delivering the best possible care and experience.
The CFO is a key member of WHS’s senior leadership team, accountable for short and long range financial and capital plans and for evaluating WHS’s financial condition in support of the organization’s strategic and operational objectives. The CFO is responsible for managing debt and financing options and will be present and active in Board meetings and well as serving as the primary staff lead on the Finance Committee of the Board. The CFO will be also responsible for managed care contracting and needs to have strong negotiation skills.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader and healthcare executive who brings significant financial management experience, ideally from a community hospital/health system setting. She or he must be a contemporary thinker well-versed in the financial challenges of healthcare delivery and will direct a high performing financial organization. She/he will reinforce a culture of measurement, accountability and service and will advise WHS from a financial process and infrastructure standpoint as it continues to evolve to a value and risk-based environment. The CFO will partner with WHS leadership on a wide range of strategic and operational initiatives engaging colleagues in change and the successful achievement of targeted outcomes.
Confidential nominations, expressions of interest and applications should be submitted electronically to John Thornburgh and or Adriane Willig at WashHealthCFO@wittkieffer.com or by phone at 630-575-6701.
MAIMONIDES MEDICAL CENTER
Director, General Accounting and Faculty Practice
THE BEST CAREERS. RIGHT HERE @ BROOKLYN’S LEADING HOSPITAL.
We’re Maimonides Medical Center, the largest hospital in Brooklyn and an award-winning major independent teaching hospital with a community hospital feel. At Maimonides, we’re continuously expanding our services and remain at the forefront of innovative medicine.At Maimonides Medical Center, you will join a team of dedicated professionals engaged in the rewarding work of providing compassionate care to a diverse population. We currently seek an experienced Director of Accounting and Faculty Practice. This is an exciting leadership opportunity which allows you to:
· Oversee the daily operations of the Accounting, Faculty Practice Accounting & A/P departments
· Oversee and administer automated financial systems between Accounting, A/P, and communicate with MIS
· Manage general ledger and accounting functions
· Prepare supporting schedules for monthly financial statements and analyses
· Monitor accounting functions in Finance and between other departments.
· Assist in audits throughout the year and year-end closings.
· Provide Defined Benefit Pension Plan financial data for Pension Committee Meetings.
· Serve as Administrator for banking/treasury functions.
· Monitor daily cash flow.
To succeed at this position, you must possess:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting
· Experience in healthcare, government, and not-for-profit accounting reporting and analysis process.
· 5-7 years of accounting or financial management experience required.
· 3-5 year of supervisory experience required.
· Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and other accounting computer systems
· Strong analytical abilities.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent project management and interpersonal skills and ability to read and write English.
Title: Senior Management Analyst
Company Name: Tal Healthcare
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: This position will be responsible for data analysis and project coordination critical to developing and implementing business solutions for a range of operational areas.
- Conduct data collection, analysis and present to support initiatives and projects
- Utilize benchmarking applications and databases to ensure identification and adoption of best practices that will lead to superior process performance.
- Identify and quantify optimal quality improvement processes to support the organization's vision and goals.
- Assist and lead in process design and redesign initiatives through various methodologies
- Assess appropriate data sources and analytic methods under uncertain conditions
- Make complex and/or abstract concepts accessible through smart visual representation
- Gain the confidence of a both clinical and executive management to be a trusted resource.
- Manage complex project implementation amidst uncertainty.
- Provide guidance and analysis that impact decisions to commit organizational resources
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree in Health Care Administration or Related
- 3 years of prior work experience
- Data Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Project Management
Title: Manager of Finance
Company Name: Tal Healthcare
Location: Manhattan, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Manager of Finance for a top academic medical center. The Manager of Finance will assist the Director of Finance in fiscal management of the organization and affiliated satellites, including financial statement preparation, annual budget preparation, analytical reviews of revenue and expenses, and management of the Cancer Center financial analysts. The Manager of Finance is responsible for monthly financial closings.
- Manage financial reporting processes for the organization and affiliated satellites. This includes management of the monthly financial statement close and preparation process, including the review of journal entries and variance analysis from financial analysts.
- Manage the accumulation of supporting schedules and key performance indicators that are included in the hospital’s financial statement package.
- Ensure proper internal controls and separation of duties are maintained.
- Collaborate with hospital finance department to ensure financial statements are accurately reflected in the consolidated monthly financial statements.
- Manage accumulation and presentation of annual budget information for the organization.
- Work directly with department managers on their expense budget submissions.
- Oversee input of budget information by the financial analysts into budget system.
- Collaborate with the finance department management to ensure the budget is accurately reflected in the consolidated organization’s fiscal year budget.
- Collaborate with other departments including but not limited to: General Accounting, Budgets, Forecasts, Revenue Cycle and Managed Care.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of Financial Analyst staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare finance experience
- Experience with decision support systems preferred
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Title: Director of Contracts
Company Name: Tal Healthcare
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Administrative / Operation
Description: Hiring a Director of Contracts for a financial management company that provides outsourced finance and accounting services to nonprofit organizations. The Director of Contracts will lead the improvement and development of systems used for the financial administration of government contracts and other restricted grants. The Director of Contracts will assist with the development of systems. Using these systems, the Director of Contracts ensures accounting and administration of funding is timely, accurate, and compliant with funder and government regulations.
- Owns process improvement initiatives related to contract and grant tracking and administration and audit
- Identifies and manages approval and execution of process improvement initiatives
- Track all client contracts and restricted grants and expended as per funder guidelines and regulations
- Develop, maintain quality control and audit processes to ensure contracts are administered
- Monitor contract deliverable scheduling and completion to ensure deadlines are maintained
- Responsible for staff training related to contract and grant regulations, accounting and budgeting processes. The Director will ensure that staff is knowledgeable of all regulations related to contract and grants administration, as well as, business practices and systems used in managing these funding streams.
- Develop and maintain orientation curriculum for new staff. Review and provide input to off-shore staff
- Provide input to Client Managers on appropriate staffing for their client’s contract function, including back up and job development
- Provide recommendations to Portfolio Managers on short term resource needs for peak close out/audit activities
- Supervise off-shore contracts support staff; keep them informed, inspired, and though remote, ensure they are part of the team
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, operations engineering, or a related field required. MBA preferred.
- 7 or more years of business process management in accounting, audit, finance or contract/grant management fields or related experience.
- Management skills
- Work process automation and quality control or internal audit skills highly valued.