Click for more information...
POSITION: Patient Financial Services Manager
ORGANIZATION: NYU Winthrop Hospital
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Patient Financial Services, the Manager of Patient Financial Services is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily operations of business office functions, coordinates and supervises, third-party collections, accounts receivable management and appeals processing. Reviews, analyzes and monitors payer activity and identifies trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and ensures that all third party follow-up and collection activities occur in a timely fashion. Initiates opportunities to automate follow-up functions. Seeks opportunities to develop new, effective collection methods.
- Reviews, analyzes and monitors all data related to accounts receivable activity. Identifies any negative trends and areas in need of further analysis or issue resolution.
- Produce monthly reports for the Director of Patient Financial Services and Financial Leadership including denials and reimbursement trends with action plans for any trends that are not meeting targets/goals.
- Coordinates and works closely with appropriate Patient Access personnel to ensure that proper pre-certifications, authorizations, referrals and patient’s insurance coverage have been obtained.
- Develops documents and implements standard operating procedures and processes monitoring workflow to ensure adequate staffing levels for department to run at maximum efficiency. Monitors productivity standards, compares actual production to standards and reviews with department personnel on an individual basis.
- Resolves routine questions and problems posed by support staff, referring more complex issues to for escalation to senior management.
- Keeps abreast of all billing & coding regulations and standards to ensure compliance with any published or anticipated changes issued by governmental agencies and/or third party payers and shares knowledge with staff through verbal or written communication.
- Recruits and trains new personnel. Evaluates and counsels, when needed, personnel under his/her own supervision. Develops and organizes ongoing staff education.
- Participates in special projects as requested by the Director of Patient Financial Services.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be able to effectively supervise and coordinate the billing, follow-up, customer service, clerical and regulatory compliance functions of the business office.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to deal with internal staff, customers and representatives from external departments and agencies.
- Must be familiar with data processing capabilities and procedures and able to operate a personal computer using standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Access.)
- Must have the ability to perform a variety of duties, ranging from identifying, assessing and troubleshooting complex operational issues to coordinating the activities of subordinates.
A minimum of five years hospital billing supervisory experience required. Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities and problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize multiple areas of responsibility. Experience with recurring services such as oncology billing and reimbursement management is preferred.
The compensation and comprehensive benefit package is competitive.
Applicants should send a current resume with summary of relevant experience and qualifications to Lisa Lacalle at LLacalle@nyuwinthrop.org
Chief Financial Officer ,GHVHS
Witt/Kieffer has been retained by Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS), to assist in recruitment efforts for their next Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This is an outstanding opportunity to join GHVHS in a senior executive role as their CFO. The CFO will be a key partner to the CEO, the executive leadership team, clinical partners, Board members, and staff in all of GHVHS’s financial strategies, operations, goals, and objectives. The CFO will oversee GHVHS’s financial function and evaluate growth and service line opportunities, consistent with the System’s mission.
The ideal candidate will be a highly strategic financial leader and possess superb communication and presentation skills, coupled with the ability to oversee operations and evaluate financial processes and outcomes. The new CFO will be a collaborative and visible leader who maximizes growth and opportunities in a dynamic healthcare environment.
GHVHS is a New York State, not-for-profit Corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. It is currently the active parent company for two member hospitals – Catskill Regional Medical Center and Orange Regional Medical Center. The GHVHS is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs, and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline, and an advanced degree in Business (MBA) and/or CPA. CPA is preferred. Ten years of senior-level financial accounting and reporting experience, with a proven track record in progressively larger roles is required. Additional information is available at www.wittkieffer.com.
All confidential nominations and resumes can be directed to: Tom Quinn and Lisa DeSimone Arthur at firstname.lastname@example.org; 917.209.0331.
Feel the Pride of a Mission-Driven Career in Hospital Finance
Project Leader - Financial Planning
Join the patient-inspired team at NewYork-Presbyterian's Regional Hospital Network, and bring new meaning to your career as you play a crucial role in world-class care and caring. Here, putting patients first is our mission, which means we stay committed to excellence in all aspects of our organization, including financial operations. And as we look to the promising future ahead, we seek talented professionals like you to drive continuous improvement and build on our success as one of the nation’s top-ranked hospitals (U.S.News& World Report).
Step into the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S.News& World Report) in an expanding department in this newly created role. As Project Leader, you'll assist in the designing, developing, analyzing, and implementing financial reporting and statistical data gathering systems and procedures for the NYP, Regional Hospital Network (RHN) and System. Serve as a Liaison between NYPH & RHN and assist in developing and enhancing TSI/EPSI reporting. Assist in updating and maintaining System website and other procedure manuals; assist in maintaining authorized manpower (FTE) and activity reports. Thrive in a culture that rewards innovation and creativity. Join our enthusiastic team, and feel the pride of supporting world-class patient care.
- Master's degree
- Experience in managed care, reimbursement methodologies, budgeting or cost accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care, Public Administration or a related field
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
Talent Acquisition Corporate Recruiter
Talent Acquisition/Human Resources