Click for more information…
- Sr Analyst Financial
- Analyst Financial
- CDM Job Posting
- Finance Mgr
- Accounts Payable Manager
- Assistant Director of Finance
- Vice President of Physician Revenue Cycle
- Chief Financial Officer
Sr Analyst Financial – 002NR0
- Conducts complex and critical studies and analyses.
- Analyzes, verifies, tracks, authorizes and reports on complex financial indicators (registration dates, accounts receivables, account coding and charging, cash flow, budgets, GL, P&L, statistical data and reserves).
- Reports results monthly, quarterly, year to date or year/year on departmental requests, as directed.
- Researches, tracks and reports statistical variances. Identifies and investigates issues.
- Designs, develops and modifies systems and procedures to enhance departmental processing, as needed.
- Maintains proprietary databases including data integrity, timeliness of data input and accuracy of data.
- Conducts internal audits involving coding, charging, reimbursements, etc. to ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures and state and federal regulations. Serves as audit team lead, as directed.
- Maintains compliance with various state, federal and industry standards and regulations.
- Leads Financial Analysts and other support staff in completion of projects and duties.
- Troubleshoots problems and researches variance causation. Interprets data and recommends appropriate course of action.
- Performs related duties, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, required.
• Minimum of four (4) years related financial experience, required.
• Maintains current knowledge of various state, federal and industrial standards and regulations.
• Knowledge of departmental systems and procedures.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, and proficiency with Access databases, required.
• Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred. Experience within reimbursement preferred.
• Experience with Access or similar relational databases strongly preferred.
Finance Job Family: NCP_AF
Primary Location: Nassau County-Westbury-972 Brush Hollow Rd
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Job Level: Team Member
Analyst Financial – 002RV3
At North Shore-LIJ, transforming care means empowering you to go as far as your talent and ambition will take you. Putting the patient at the center of everything we do, fostering change and promoting creativity to inspire you to achieve amazing things. Knowing that, regardless of your role, you have the opportunity to make a difference in our patients’ lives, every day. Consider transforming your career and joining us now.
As a Financial Analyst you will analyze, verify process and report routine financials as required by the department.
Analyzes, verifies, tracks and reports on routine financial indicators (registration dates, accounts receivables, account coding and charging, cash flow, budgets, GL, P&L, statistical data and reserves).
Reports on results on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis.
Tracks and reports on statistical variances. Reports discrepancies to Manager.
May design, develop and modify systems and procedures to enhance departmental processing, as needed.
Maintains proprietary databases including data integrity, timeliness of data input and accuracy of data.
Participates in internal audits involving coding, charging, reimbursements, etc. to ensure compliance to departmental policies and procedures and state and federal regulations, as needed.
Maintains compliance with various state, federal and industry standards and regulations.
Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, required.
Prior financial or accounting experience, preferred.
Proficiency in Excel, required.
Finance Job Family: NCP_AF
Primary Location: Nassau County-Westbury-972 Brush Hollow Rd
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Job Level: Team Member
Reporting to the Director of Patient Financial Services, the Associate Director of PFS Reporting and Analysis will manage the department’s reporting and analytical support staff. This includes staff tasked with reviewing, tracking and resolving Managed Care payment variances, the Denials and Appeals Unit as well as the Cash Management and Reconciliation group. Candidates must have significant knowledge and understanding of hospital facility billing and reimbursement and also possess a high degree of technical acumen in revenue cycle or healthcare financial decision support and reporting, This position will actively develop and maintain dashboards, reports, reconciliations and worklists which support day to day operations, internal audit efforts, regulatory compliance, performance improvement initiatives and project management. It is expected the incumbent will work both independently and collaboratively to identify operational opportunities, issues, inefficiencies, gaps and/or bottle necks; quantify the scope and financial magnitude of issues/opportunities and work with all levels of the PFS team to develop KPI’s and/or Benchmarks which ensure financial opportunities, remediation efforts and/or go-forward work flow re-engineering and throughput are optimized. Regularly partners with the PFS Management Team including the Associate Director Patient Accounting Operations and SB I.T. and Vendors in developing and executing Revenue Cycle initiatives. Direct Reports will include the Managed Care Revenue Realization Manager and the Cash Posting Manager.
Duties of an Associate Director of PFS Reporting and Analysis may include the following but are not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable Management (Invision Patient Accounting and Contract Management; Optum Payment Integrity Compass, MS SQL Server) – service line, payer and aging level A/R trending and analysis, identification of “at-risk” receivables, over/underpayment trends and analysis, and claims follow up productivity (quantitative and qualitative)
- Claims and Denials Management (SSI, Tracker Pro) including reconciliation of billing volumes, clean claims rates, detailed edit and error reporting, claims error root cause analysis, claim error resolution timeframes, payer electronic claim acceptance/error rates, denials tracking, and appeals outcomes.
- Cash Management including reconciliation and reporting of deposits, manual and electronic postings and kick-outs, accelerated and unposted cash
- Bad Debt/Charity Care/Financial Assistance including write-offs, recoveries and assistance granted.
- B.S. Accounting, Finance, Health Information Management, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum six years’ experience in healthcare revenue cycle, accounting, finance or decision support for an Inpatient Acute Care Facility or Health System with two or more in a supervisory role.
- Experience in planning, leading, directing and managing projects.
- Demonstrated experience with healthcare reimbursement and facility claims analysis (DRG, APC, APG, Managed Care Contracts, UB-04, 837i, 835)
- Proficient with SQL.
- Familiarity with CPT, HCPCs and ICD-10 coding principles
- Advanced MSOffice experience including relational database experience may include Power Pivot or Power Query.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s Degree or Professional Licensure
- Programming experience with VBA, EMUE, Boston Workstation and/or other Scripting/Automation tools/languages.
- Knowledge of Cerner Invision Patient Accounting system configuration and master files.
- Experience reporting from healthcare decision support, patient accounting, contract management and/or claims scrubber systems.
- Experience utilizing SAP Business Objects/Crystal Reports.
- Experience utilizing data visualization software (Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.)
- Highly proficient utilizing MS SQL Server Management Studio to write queries, create tables/views and write stored procedures
- Proficient utilizing MS Visual Studio to create and maintain SSIS packages
This position will remain posted until filled or for 90 days max.
An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. For full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date). If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine’s Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE
UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE
UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
To Apply please click this link stonybrooku.taleo.net
Finance Manager – Northwell Health, Inc.
You will be involved with preparing and reviewing various portions of both internal and external financial reporting. You will be heavily involved with Northwell’s OMB Uniform Guidance audit related to federal grants, including the preparation of the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards and working with the Grant Management Office with regard to maintaining compliance with federal grant requirements. In addition, you will be involved with assisting to meetNorthwell’s various external reporting requirements, which may include the preparation and issuance of quarterly financial statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis documents, the preparation of annual audited financial statements and related disclosures for both Northwell and its various pension plans, and other required filings. You may also be responsible for managing staff and performing and reviewing various monthly internal accounting, including monthly financial statements, variance analyses, account analysis, etc.
- Assists with monitoring continuing compliance with federal grant awards
- Maintains routine records related to federal grant awards
- Prepares the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards for the OMB Uniform Guidance audit annually and serves as main Finance contact with external auditors related to this audit
- Assists with the preparation of externally issued financial statements and GAAP-required footnote disclosures quarterly
- Assists with the preparation of pension plan financial statements annually
- Assists in the coordination and managing of financial statement and pension plan financial statement audits
- Performs realization analyses of accounts receivable
- Coordinates with various locations and departments for compiling financial statement data
- Oversees and assists with the preparation of monthly internal financial statements and analysis. Provides variance explanation to administration, as necessary.
- Maintains responsibility for the general ledger, journal entries made to the general ledger, including reviewing and/or posting entries
- Prepares account analysis regarding certain general ledger accounts on a timely basis
- Performs ad hoc analyses on an as need basis
- Assists in the management and supervision of staff and oversees quality of work. Contributes to performance evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of five (5) years financial and accounting experience, including prior supervisory experience, required
- Grant audit/accounting experience or experience with either preparing or auditing information for OMB Uniform Guidance audits required
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
Interested candidates should apply via the link below:
Accounts Payable Manager
Our Client, an independent multi-site, multispecialty medical group in New York State, is seeking to hire an Accounts Payable Manager. The Accounts Payable Manager will oversee the daily operations of the Accounts Payable team, as well as assuring that vendor payments are handled in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with the group’s policies and procedures.
- Supervision and development of a staff of 5-7 individuals.
- Resolve and vendor payment issues.
- Understand the AP impact to the financial statements, and prepare journal entries when needed.
- Report daily cash disbursements for all companies to Treasury departmentand reconcile the cash disbursements on a weekly basis with the general ledger.
- Download data, and/or generate report to perform analysis when needed.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures.
- Review Balance sheet and prepare journal entry for month end and annual general ledger close.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with account payableand general accounting required
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
In order to be considered for this role please send your resume to Lea Tal at LTal@talhealthcare.com with Accounts Payable Manager (5719) in the subject line of the email.
Assistant Director of Finance
Our client, a world class medical system in New York City, is hiring an Assistant Director of Finance. The Assistant Director of Financewill assist with directing all financial reporting and budgeting of the multiple location department in order to provide senior leadership with accurate financial and operational information for the Hospital to manage their strategic objectives and support their decision making.
- Interact with various Hospital personnel regarding financial issues and analysis regarding budgeting, opportunity/risk analysis, volume analysis and financial forecasting
- Oversee the management and preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and all reporting surrounding such budget
- Works with department managers in developing their budget objectives
- Engage in revenue recognition activities including accurate and timely reporting of revenue cycle activities and reporting of account receivable balances
- Oversee the preparation of budget analyses including financial key performance indicators and performance measurements utilizing volume statistics and decision support tools
- Respond to financial analysis requests of senior management
- Oversee financial modeling for changes managed care reimbursement rates and contract changes with payors, working closely with the department of managed care
- Oversee preparation of business plans and analysis related to physician staff
- Oversee financial modeling and analysis in support of Medication Pricing Committee
- Provide recommendations to the Committee on medication pricing strategy
- Ensure revenue and A/R are accurately stated in financial reports. Collaborates with management in revenue cycle operations on revenue cycle metrics and initiatives
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of monthly financial results
- Oversee the preparations of detailed information for cancer center managers, administration, and senior leadership on a weekly, biweekly, and monthly basis
- In conjunction with supply chain management leadership, provide director level oversight of the Supply Chain department
- Oversees all processes and procedures relating to financial reporting operations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years finance experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of recording/reporting of Revenue Cycle activities
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Professional finance staff supervision experience
In order to be considered for this role please send your resume to Lea Tal at LTal@talhealthcare.com with Asst. Director of Finance (5783) in the subject line of the email.
Vice President of Physician Revenue Cycle
Our client, a well-established network of accredited hospital based medical groups is seeking to hire a Vice President of Physician Revenue Cycle. The Vice President of Physician Revenue Cycle is responsible and accountable for the strategic planning, leadership and ongoing continuous quality and process improvement for the physician revenue cycle of the Health Medical Group.
- Oversee the Revenue Cycle team in planning, coordinating and executing policies, procedures and strategies within the department
- Provide direction and oversight of the Revenue Cycle Operations, including but not limited to credentialing, charge capture, billing, claim follow-up and collections, payment application, and denials management
- Ensure optimal coordination of the following components: physician credentialing, charge entry, coding, billing, collections, denials management and billing compliance
- Direct strategic development, implementation, and support for their respective programs/applications while implementing technology to advance the revenue cycle management
- Collaborateand partner with Senior Leadership and other stakeholders to achieve strategic objectives through successful implementation/completion of strategic initiatives
- Ensures systems and processes are in place to maintain and support the use of the EHR
- Ensures integrity of the EHR and related processes to minimize organizational risk
- Oversees the analysis and logging of revenue adjustments, write offs and denial activity
- Monitors and reports monthly to management; providing analysis of trends in aged balances across divisions, customers, and programs as well compared to trends in the industry
- Monitors collections to established goals to maximize cash flow and to monitor claim submission to provide ongoing process assessment and resolution
- Bachelor’sdegreerequired; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of seven (5+) years proven, progressive experience in physician healthcare receivables management in a complex academic medical center or multi-hospital system with 1000 or more physicians
- Proven experience in Physician Revenue cycle
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification, preferred
- Travel to other offices and Corporate facilities required on a regular basis
In order to be considered for this role please send your resume to Lea Tal at LTal@talhealthcare.com with VP of Revenue Cycle (5852) in the subject line of the email.
Chief Financial Officer
Our client, a growing federally qualified health center, is seeking to hire a Chief Financial Officer. The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and budget processes, conducting strategic analysis of business performance and forecasting, and providing oversight of finance.
- Maintain financial records and safeguard the health center’s assets
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Lead the finance/fiscal team and work to ensure consistency across functions
- Act as liaison to Board of Directors, presenting financial information on a monthly basis
- Oversee billing to third parties and collection efforts of receivables
- Manage budget and cash flow
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degreepreferred
- Seasoned in FQHC regulations
- 10+ years’ of supervisory experience, including 3+ years’ in healthcare administration
In order to be considered for this role please send your resume to Lea Tal at LTal@talhealthcare.com with Chief Financial Officer (5866) in the subject line of the email.